HM Studies and Publishing is a non-profit, non-governmental, research and development organization based in Cyprus. HM members strive to promote high quality research and studies in the area of Education, Teachers Education and Human Development.
HM S&P’ s mission is to inspire educators, teachers, future teachers, researchers in the area and to promote innovative projects, research, and editions that will promote education, pedagogy teachers education, and educational-social in the past and present.
The main goals of HM Studies and Publishing include:
To connect the research and development in the field of Education and Education of Educators/ Teacher Education and to connect the basic and applied research to education and the Sciences of Education.
To contribute to the development of the educational, international and comparative research, to contribute to the creation of an innovative attraction pole through the increase of the expertise, with regard to the supporting ways of the human principle in the field of the educational theory and practice and to promote the training and implementation of cultural education programs for the school.
To organize conventions, symposiums, meetings, seminars, summer schools, scientific educational meetings on behalf of the Organization or others and to print and provide books, handbooks etc in digital or printed form through the internet or external associates.
Areas of core expertise include:
- Education, International and Comparative Education
- History and Sociology of Education
- Teachers Education
- Educational Research
- Pedagogical and Educational Innovations
- Cultural Educational Programs
- Citizenship Education
- Humanistic Approach of Education
Aims & Objectives
The main purposes for which the Organization –among others-are:
- To connect the research and development in the field of Education and Education of Educators/ Teacher Education and, in general, the Sciences of Education.
- To connect the basic and applied research to education and the Sciences of Education
- To contribute to the development of the educational, international and comparative research
- To promote targeted actions and practices that relate to sustainable development in education, the study of educational politics and practices
- To promote the study, production, organizing, and idea interchanging in contemporary educational and social matters.
- To cooperate with educators and other organizations and committees at an international level, which promote mainly social, cultural and educational purposes.
- To contribute in the facilitation of the development of cooperations between private and public educational institutes all over the world, between educational societies and committees, as well as schools all over the world.
- To contribute to the promotion of the development of education and initiatives in training and retraining
- To contribute to the research and study of the educational- school past and the evolution of the occupation of the Teacher during the later period of Greek History, and also of the historic education of future educators in Greece and elsewhere.
- To promote the possibility of the utilization of printed and visual material, coming from the field of education, which will have as a target the support of scientific actions in the field of history of education and civilization, of educational systems and of the evolution of the teaching profession
- To contribute to the creation of an innovative attraction pole through the increase of the expertise, with regard to the supporting ways of the human principle in the field of educational theory and practice.
- To promote the training and implementation of cultural educational programmes for the school (and) in cooperation with scientific, along with other social commissions/ committees/ institutions, Greek and International.
- To engage and promote the study of visual and technological literacy, as well as the effect of Information and Communications Technology in every aspect of Education and civilization.
- To offer consulting services in external institutions/committees in Cyprus and abroad, where possible and commonly acceptable as useful.
- To receive, insure and accept donations that derive from financial action, donations for chattel and real estate and royalties, from privileges/benefits of any kind, which are granted/from any legal or natural person, or governmental or other Organizations, aiming at the cooperation and promotion of the targets and goals of the Organization.
- To pay money and obtain capitals for providing scholarships, papers- research, awards and other types of distinctions in the field of Education, Civilization, History and Education Sciences.
- To get involved in the preparation, observation, imprint, publication, address and release and circulation of books, manuals, handouts, journals, publications, articles etc. Furthermore, conservation/preservation of libraries, archives, museum material/ museums, collections and exhibits
- To organize conventions, symposiums, meetings, seminars, summer schools, scientific educational meetings on behalf of the Organization or others.
- To keep an archival, historic, museum and other material/content.
- To print/issue and provide books, handbooks etc in digital or printed form through the internet or external associates.
- The Organization is a non-profitable private company of limited responsibility by guarantee
- The registrant office of the Organization is located in Cyprus